2.24.2014

A New Chapter

As cliche as it is, I'm going to say it...
we are starting a new chapter in our family.

My husband has been laid off, which means our financial picture is changing.

I need not be frightened because God is our Provider.

He has provided for us over the decades, whether through employment, friends, public assistance, and odd jobs.

I admit it--
I prefer stability.
I prefer for my husband to have a stable, high income job. It brings me a sense of security.

But God knows when I need to dethrone idols,
and He lovingly provides opportunities.

I need Him to remind me:

HE IS MY STABILITY.

HE IS MY SECURITY.

HE IS MY SUSTENANCE.

Sure, cliche again. But true.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I stumbled into your blogland today,and your post resonates with me. Just today I was reading in Nehemiah where we are reminded that "...the Joy of the Lord is our Strength."

Amen to that, right? Praying for you and your family today.

Warmly,
Anna